Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

19th Posting: What a big boy!

Luke got weighed today.  At 35 weeks 5 days gestational age "little" Luke weighs in at 6 pounds 5 ounces.  Ginni was born at his age and she weighed 5 pounds 12 ounces.  He showed her!

With Christmas around the corner I have been pretty busy keeping up the house, shopping, and spending time with the girls and Luke.  Haven't had much time for putzing around on the computer at all!  By the time I do sit down at night, I'm pretty exhausted.  It's been about 7.5 weeks since the C-section and I'm almost 100%.  There are times when I need to soak in a hot bath because my legs and feet hurt, and don't ask me to run unless you want to laugh.  The muscles in my legs are nearly nonexistent, so lifting them is difficult.  I'm sure it looks funny though.  The thing that confuses the heck out of me is I haven't lost much weight.  How can a person go from sitting on her butt all day to constantly moving, and have the scale barely budge?  I know, I know.  It took time to put that weight on.  It'll take time for it to come off, but seriously, am I not burning a gazillion more calories now than when I was on bed rest?  My body would ROCK in a famine, but in this day and age...not so much.

Luke, however, is definitely rockin'!  I can't believe all that has happened to him since I last posted ten days ago.  He is off the oscillator.  He was on cpap FOR ONE DAY!  Now, he is on something called "vapor therm".  This is a small tube with prongs that go up the nostrils.  It looks just like the oxygen tubes you see older people wear in Wal-Mart.  The only difference is the air is pressurized and has humidity added.  Now, when I go see him, I can pick him up without any help from the nurses.  I can rock him and give him a pacifier.  He still has a feeding tube but wants to eat really, really bad.  When he gets hungry, Luke starts moving his head back and forth with his mouth open as if saying, "Hey, where's the goods?"  Right now, we drip a bit of milk on his nuk and then he settles right down.  All the nurses say he'll do great once the feedings start.  His condition needs to get a little bit better though.  The pressure on the ventilator shows a measurement of 5.  The doctors want it to be 4.  Yup, we're getting close.

Other than that, Luke has been awake more.  He has big, blue, eyes.  His hair has a reddish tint to it, just like his daddy's did when he was little.  Ginni also had reddish hair.  Charlotte and Emma were more like their dear, old mom.  Luke also loves to be held.  If he's crying in his crib (yes, I said crib), he'll stop immediately if someone picks him up.  The  nurses have spoiled him, but that's okay.  I'm sure the trend will continue when our little man gets home.  Oh, and we actually have a forecast for that.  Three to four weeks.  Merry Christmas to us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment