Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

20th Posting: Quick Update

I think my days of blogging are numbered.  Life has really taken hold and I'm having less and less time for writing.  Maybe when Luke comes home things will be different, but I seriously doubt that.  It's amazing how different my bed resting self is compared to my every day self.  I had more time to be reflective when I sat all day.  I was more introverted as well.  I do have to say this experience has given me a level of gratitude I don't ever remember.  There is so much to be thankful for.  I've realized how precious life is!  Often times, I'll think about my mom being taken away so suddenly at age 49, but now, my son's life has been spared.  How easy it would have been for God to take Luke up to Heaven with Him, but for some reason, He decided to let me know my little guy. Unbelievable.

Luke is now on low-flow oxygen cannula.  He is at room level of 21% most of the time.  When he feeds his oxygen is increased by 5% just to help out a little bit.  He also needs a boost when we're holding him or caring for him somehow, not by much though. 

Our baby boy was given an MRI last Friday.  When I came to see him, all the doctors ecstatically came up to me stating how Luke is a miracle.  The brain scan was PERFECT.  Sometimes, when babies are on oxygen for a span of time, parts of their brains stop developing.  His is fine.  He also had a cyst on his first MRI.  We were told it was benign and 40% of the population has this cyst and doesn't even know it.  There concern at the time was its size.  Well, that's gone too.  Yup, he is perfect.

So right now, we're basically waiting on the eating thing.  He's really making progress, but still tires out or loses interest.  It's only a matter of time.  

To think this ordeal is coming to an end and is a happy ending!  God is good and prayer is powerful.  I am so thankful.  Absolutely amazing.

Luke is 10 weeks old today, 38 weeks 1 day gestationally. 
Our First Family Picture taken on Christmas Day. 
The girls' got to see Luke from a viewing room since it's flu season.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. Sorry I haven't been around more, but I just can't face it yet. Doesn't mean I am not thrilled for you :)

    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is certainly a miracle baby! I hope that sometime after he comes home and things settle in to some semblance of normalcy, I might be able to come see him. So happy for you all!

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete